Saturday, September 16, 2006

A Low Carbon Future...How?

I have just decided to to do a followup to my report 'Climate Change: Facts and Impacts'

The idea is still germenating in my mind but basically it is going to be my views on what changes are required to develop a low carbon future.

This will encompass technology, social policy and economic functioning. International policy will probably make an appearence but only a minimal one.

My first points of reference are bellow but there are a good number of other reports that i need to look into, perticularly to cover the economics and international policy.

Decarbonising the UK: Energy for a Climate Concious Future (Tyndall Centre)
Winning the Oil Endgame: Innovation for Profits, Jobs and Security (Rocky Mountain Institute)
Pathways to 2050: Energy and Climate Change (WBCSD)
Meeting the Climate Challenge (International Taskforce on Climate Change)
Decentralising Power: An Energy Revoloution for The 21st Century (Greenpeace UK)
The 40% House (Environmental Change Institute)

2 Comments:

At 1:57 AM, Blogger alvinwriterspent a few months meditating before saying...

Hello. I'm writing in from the Voxant NewsRoom. I believe the world is already heading towards a "low carbon" future, especially if the fossil fuels of the Earth run out. People would inevitably resort to alternative sources of energy such as wind and solar. It is wise that we are already developing these technologies.

Cows might be alternative energy sources: http://www.thenewsroom.com/details/628678?c_id=wom-bc-ar

If you need more licensed news on global warming, please visit the Voxant NewsRoom. You may email jtowns@voxant.com if you want us to be your partner in great news content for your site. We'll be expecting you!

- Alvin from TheScienceDesk at TheNewsRoom.com

 
At 12:55 AM, Blogger Артур Борис spent a few months meditating before saying...

I’m Артур Борис a resident/citizen of the Republic Of Russian. I’m 42 years of age, an entrepreneur/businessman. I once had difficulties in financing my project/business, if not for a good friend of mine who introduced me to Mr Pedro to get a loan worth $250,000 USD from his company. When I contacted them it took just five working days to get my loan process done and transferred to my account. Even with a bad credit history, they still offer their service to you. They also offer all kinds of loans such as business loans, home loans, personal loans, car loans. I don’t know how to thank them for what they have done for me but God will reward them according to his riches in glory. If you need an urgent financial assistance contact them today via email  pedroloanss@gmail.com 
Whatsapp Number: +1 8632310632

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Google Groups Beta
Subscribe to Climate Change Action
Email:
Visit this group